Status: New
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Enhancement Priority-Medium

New issue 138 by jsuijs: request for custom char on lcd display
http://code.google.com/p/jallib/issues/detail?id=138

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/jallist/message/29536


I would like to make a suggestion for the jallib

I've noticed that it's no longer possible in the newer jallib files to define a
custom character for an lcd display.

It is however a feature that is common on most if not all lcd displays with an
hd44780 compatible mcu

Up till now I've just updated the lcd_hd44780_common.jal file with the
following...

-- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- lcd_define- Create a custom character
-- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- The characters can be placed on position 0-7 of the character ram
--
-- pos: position of the character
-- str[]: array containing the custom character
--
-- (0xFF is a common pattern)
-- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
procedure lcd_define(byte in pos, byte in str[]) is

_lcd_write_command(LCD_SET_CGRAM_ADDRESS | ( pos << 3 ))
var word len = count(str)

var byte i

for len using i loop
_lcd_write_data( str[i])
end loop

end procedure


It comes from an older version of library files, so I'm not even the author of
it.

HTH
Diego




--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.

Reply via email to