Hi all,

I have a problem using the secondary I2C module, with I2C_hardware library.
My PIC18F44J11 revision has a bug on the first I2C module (RC3, RC4), it
generates some glitches on RB4 and RB5 (behavior mentioned in DS80435
erata).
Unfortunetely on RB4 and RB5 I have connected the LCD data lines, so every
attempt to write on I2C1 it messing up all LCD display.
The best option I saw (except disabling LCD every time I'm writing on I2C)
is using the secondary I2C. However so far I wasn't able to make it work.

I have modified the I2C_hardware library to match the I2C2 registers, but
trying to write on a MAX5382 fails, the program is freezing.

var bit r
procedure max5382_write ( byte in address, byte in data ) is
; MAX538xL address=0b_0110_0000=0x60
; MAX538xM address=0b_0110_0010=0x62
; MAX538xN address=0b_0110_0100=0x64
; MAX538xP address=0b_0110_0110=0x66
; MAX538xx shutdown address=0b_0110_0xx1=0x61
  i2c2_start
  r = i2c2_transmit_byte ( address )  -- write address/shutdown byte
  r = i2c2_transmit_byte ( data )      -- write data byte
  i2c2_stop
end procedure

Someone tested the actual i2c_hardware library on the secondary I2C with
success?

thx for any further ideeas.

Vasile

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.

Reply via email to