Hi Matt,

Thanks for for your feedback.  Here are some answers that I hope
you'll find satisfactory.

All files in SVN trunk are official.

If you mean what libraries are included in an official release, you
would download the release and look at what files are included.

If you mean what libraries are planned for next release, those files
are in TORELEASE.

As I said, the situation you are describing will be rare, so there
won't be much clutter.  But if you want to make it obvious, you could
for example have a subdirectory named 'forks', 'experimental', or
'rfc', or 'proposed', or some such.

The original and 'forked' libraries will in fact be different, and so
they must have different names, forever, since JAL doesn't allow path-
names in its include statement.

The only way I can see the 'forked' version ever replacing the
original, in the trunk, or in a future release, is by consent of the
original copyright holder.

Getting back to your original posting, I think I might have used the
'issues' feature, and report something like:  Hey, I was really
pleased to see that JALLIB already supports my nifty temperature
sensor -- the sample ran fine.  However, I notice it doesn't use the
SPI library -- perhaps it predates the SPI library.  Please consider
revising the temp sensor library to make use of the SPI library --
this will be more efficient, etc.

Thank you,

William

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.

Reply via email to