Matthew,
I think you do not need a new library for that, however a new library is
always good for someone/something.
Multiplexing is time dependent by the application you run. The simplest way
is to sweep the anode/cathode and keep them powered for about 1...3mS
(depends if it's normal or superbright display  and the current you supply
for it)

One quick and dirty example using delay library is here:  (the source at
the end of the paper):
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/266860236_Increasing_the_efficiency_of_IO_usage_in_small_embedded_systems

However, in time dependent applications (like frequency measurements around
50MHz) using software delay for digit display is a waste of time, so the
library should look different.

good luck,
Vasile




<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail&utm_term=icon>
Virus-free.
www.avast.com
<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail&utm_term=link>
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 3:56 AM, Matthew Schinkel <[email protected]>
wrote:

> I guess I didn't look close enough. The library does support anode
> displays.
>
> Anyways, I'm working on a multiplexer lib so I may run more then one
> segment.
>
> On Tuesday, August 29, 2017 at 7:09:51 PM UTC-4, Matthew Schinkel wrote:
>>
>> Hi Guys,
>>
>> The seven segment library currently only supports cathode displays. I'll
>> be adding support for anode displays by adding a user constant, and
>> inverting the output of seven_from_digit() procedure.
>>
>> Matt.
>>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "jallib" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to [email protected].
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/jallib.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/jallib.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to