Hi there!

I'm looking for a solution to the following problem:
When aiming to generate multiple png figures of different MSAs, one prefers to
rely on the command line usage of Jalview. Using the feature file (-features
argument) should help to define user-specific annotations on an MSA. My goal is
to highlight 2 columns with a random color (e.g. red) in each alignment.
Although the feature file enables me to color amino acids in each sequence at
the defined positions, I'm running into trouble when there are gaps at these
positions of interest. The coloring is then shifted to the neighboring amino
acids...
Did someone have the same issue??

Sunny greetings,
Martina

Martina Weigl
PhD candidate, Bioinformatics
Wissenschaftszentrum Weihenstephan, Technische Universität München
Maximus-von-Imhof-Forum 3,
85354 Freising, Germany
Email: martina.we...@mytum.de