Hi Serge.

You again?

It was some indexing and retrieval reason that made me create the Tamino
mail repository. With the XML database in the back, a search on mails/news
can be done easily and fast.

I believe such functionality should not be implemented in James but the
different repositories by themselves, and the MailRepository interface
should privide a way to access this implementation. That way you can
integrate Lucene for indexing but still allow other implementations.

What I also might find useful is a SearchableRepository, which just
implements some indexing/retrieval (maybe with Lucene) and actually stores
the messages to another repository. This way it can be applied to any other
repository implementation (same as I suggested for the caching repository).
I somehow love the way Avalon plugs the components together......

Hiran

Hiran Chaudhuri
SAG Systemhaus GmbH
Elsenheimerstra?e 11