A problem with:

  <maillet ...>
    <addSubject enable="true" truncate="10"/>
  </maillet>

is that it would complicate the parsing; and change the internal data
structures, which are currently [name, value] pairs.  You'd be complicating
access to the configuration data from the current value = get(name)
approach.  And you don't know if the element is intended for the matcher or
mailet configuration.

> just read Noel's response. I was thinking about simpler thing, but anyway

Actually, mine is an extension of exactly what is presently in the code.
All I did was add boundary tags to indicate which tags go into the matcher
or mailet config (currently, they all go into the mailet config), and clone
the mailet behavior onto the matcher.  Very simple and straightforward to
implement from the code already present.

        --- Noel