On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 09:51:27AM +0200, Vincenzo Gianferrari Pini wrote:
> javax.mail.internet.MimeBodyPart.getContent(MimeBodyPart), for doing
> that, tried a path that for any reason threw an exception, which
> could be ignored (a .gif is not a virus).

It happened twice today; I looked into the attachments, they had
images (not sure, jpeg, gif; looks like gif, though).

> Which is the Specification-Version and Implementation-Version in the
> manifest file of the it.praxis.james.jar?

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Created-By: NetBeans IDE
Specified-By: it/praxis/james/it.praxis.james.jarContent
Specification-Version: 1.1.5
Specification-Vendor: Praxis Calcolo S.p.A.
Implementation-Vendor-Id: it.praxis
Extension-Name: it.praxis.james
Implementation-Version: 15
Implementation-Vendor: Praxis Calcolo S.p.A.

> Until 1.1.5/15 the exceptions were ignored, and the matcher was
> simply logging to the mailet.log (look at it and let me know) and not
> matching;

        at
com.sun.mail.handlers.image_gif.getContent(image_gif.java:76)
        at
javax.activation.DataSourceDataContentHandler.getContent(DataHandler.java:745)
        at
javax.activation.DataHandler.getContent(DataHandler.java:501)
        at
javax.mail.internet.MimeBodyPart.getContent(MimeBodyPart.java:564)
        at
it.praxis.james.matchers.IsInfected.dumpPart(IsInfected.java:418)
        at
it.praxis.james.matchers.IsInfected.match(IsInfected.java:250)

Looking at the exceptions, I think it's the MIME parser
(ie: MimeBodyPart.getContent()) that had problems, not the matcher.

> it and sends the message to the error processor. Since James 2.2.0a6
> you can trap it in your config.xml coding:

I'm currently using 2.2.0a4.

> Let me know if it is consistent with your case.

I hope you'd have time to test that cut & paste from IE (to Outlook),
and then send the message via James (and take a look closely at those
"3D" characters).

Oki