> Have you tried using the evaluationTime="Group" attribute of the
> textField?

Yes, I did try that, Jason.

> I'm not sure if it'll evaluate properly, $F{price} may be gone at
> Group time, but it is worth a try.

Yes, I thought it was worth a try as well, and, as you suspected, it
doesn't work because using the Group evaluation time the Field value
is gone. Better said, every column using the field in that group will have
the value of that field in the LAST column of that group.

Paolo

P.S. Now I am studying how to do it with subreports, as Jacob suggested.
It's gonna be not easy I think, and it will have to be placed on the group
header because the value that it calculates has to be specific for every
group. Thank you everyone for the hints (if someone else has other ideas
I would still like that hear them ;-) ), if/when I will sort this out I will
post my solution.