Manfred,

Our current metadata repository implementation is using Hibernate.
So there should not be a problem to store metadata information into other databases.
Is just that for the moment we tested with MySQL.

Thank you,
Teodor

Manfred Moser wrote:
Hi!

I just finished the download. I am going to try check it all out with JBoss on Windows.

One question.. are you going to abstract away from MySQL and support other db servers?

Manfred

Teodor Danciu wrote:

Hello, Manfred

We hope that this new open source product will solve many of the issues that existing JasperReports users have faced along the way. The most common was the lack of infrastructure around JasperReports as a library so that reporting functionality be readily available to end users. We think that JasperServer will close this gap and be useful to the community.

As usual, feedback and contributions are always welcomed.
This is what open source is all about.

Thank you,
Teodor

Manfred Moser wrote:
Teodor Danciu wrote:

JasperServer 0.9.0 released
JasperServer/JasperIntelligence home page:
http://jasperintel.sourceforge.net

This is awesome. I already have a servlet for creating my reports (about 30 with > 100 sub reports) and continuously get requests for features just like the JasperServer implements (or got on the roadmap). I will definitely look at using it rather than reinvent the wheel. And I suppose you are not opposed to user suggestions/contributions ;-)

manfred

This SF.Net email is sponsored by xPML, a groundbreaking scripting language that extends applications into web and mobile media. Attend the live webcast and join the prime developer group breaking into this new coding territory!