Hi,

I am using using jasper reports to generate my application reports but when
I try to export my report in excel format but when excel file downloaded it
contain rough data.

Below is my java source to export jasper report in excel format. Please
help.

 byte[] pdf_ = null;
  Connection connection_ = DatabaseHandler.getConnection();

  String jrxml_ = "/reports/jrxml/detailedxls.jrxml";

  jrxml_ = this.getClass().getResource(jrxml_).getFile();

  JasperDesign jasperDesign_ = JRXmlLoader.load(jrxml_);

  JasperReport jasperReport_ =
JasperCompileManager.compileReport(jasperDesign_);

  ByteArrayOutputStream outputStream_ = new ByteArrayOutputStream();

  if (null != paramMap)
   {
    JasperFillManager.fillReportToStream(jasperReport_,
outputStream_,paramMap, connection_);

   }

   else
       {

    JasperFillManager.fillReportToStream(jasperReport_, outputStream_,new
HashMap(), connection_);

   }

   JasperPrint jasperPrint_ = null;

   jasperPrint_ = JasperFillManager.fillReport(jasperReport_,paramMap,
connection_);

  JRXlsExporter exporterXLS = new JRXlsExporter();

exporterXLS.setParameter(JRXlsExporterParameter.JASPER_PRINT,jasperPrint_);

exporterXLS.setParameter(JRXlsExporterParameter.OUTPUT_STREAM,outputStream_);

  exporterXLS.exportReport();

  pdf_ = outputStream_.toByteArray();

  httpServletResponse.setContentType ("application/vnd.ms-excel");

  httpServletResponse.addHeader("Content-disposition","attachment;
filename=" + reportName_.toString() + ".xls");

 httpServletResponse.getOutputStream().write(pdf_);

Thanks in advance.