BEFORE YOU POST, search the faq at <http://java.apache.org/faq/>
WHEN YOU POST, include all relevant version numbers, log files,
and configuration files.  Don't make us guess your problem!!!

Hi all,

Apache 1.3.9
JServ 1.1
NT

I run batch procedures through my servlet for database
updating...sometimes it can take some time prior to coming back. And in
the mean time my browser gives me "cannot find server" stuff back.

I've set the timeout in http.conf to 80 hours instead of 5 minutes (300
sec) which is deafult.

However, I still have the timeout problem.

in Jserv.conf and zone.properties....i also increased all values but no
help.

Timeout remains fixed on 300 sec!

 I do use IE5 and I've heard that IE5 also has a timeout
facility....could that be a cause of my headaches?

help!

thx

-SeJo