BEFORE YOU POST, search the faq at <http://java.apache.org/faq/>
WHEN YOU POST, include all relevant version numbers, log files,
and configuration files.  Don't make us guess your problem!!!

I've finally managed to jump through each of the hoops and have the jdk
and
apache-jserv ports installed on my system. I have Apache 1.3.12 installed
on my
system.

I see in /var/db/pkg installed:
apache-jserv-1.1.2
jdk-1.1.8
jdk-1.2.2b10
jsdk-2.0

I had to comment out the following lines in my
/usr/local/etc/apache/jserv/jserv.conf:
<Location /status/jserv/>
  SetHandler jserv-status

  order deny,allow
  deny from all
  allow from 127.0.0.1
</Location>

for some reason trying to restart apache blew chunks on the SetHandler
instruction.

In my apache.conf I've added the following 3 lines:
Include etc/apache/jserv/jserv.conf
LoadModule jserv_module       libexec/apache/mod_jserv.so
AddModule mod_jserv.c

Now when I restart apache and load up a small .jsp page in a browser the
Java is not
being interpreted. Viewing source from the browser shows:
<%@ language="java" %>
<% out.println("Hello JSP World!"); %>

I do see in my mod_jserv.log the line:
[12/12/2000 23:35:31:806] (ERROR) ajp12: Servlet
Error: ClassNotFoundException: org.gjt.jsp
+.JSPServlet

Looking through java.apache.org I haven't found anything pertaining to
this problem
either through the links or the FAQ-O-Matic.

Has anyone experienced this behavior before? What have I missed during the
configuration?

--
|> /\ \/ @
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
DataSphere - Back end web programming, site security, and networking

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Software Engineer
NetManage - The Bridge to E-Business

http://www.wcug.wwu.edu/~doc
ICQ: 21106703

"I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past"
                                   -Thomas Jefferson