BEFORE YOU POST, search the faq at <http://java.apache.org/faq/>
WHEN YOU POST, include all relevant version numbers, log files,
and configuration files.  Don't make us guess your problem!!!

Richard,

As far as I know a java array is NOT serializable so you cannot cast it
to Serializable. You should use an array list, or subclass Array
implementing Serializable.

sven