BEFORE YOU POST, search the faq at <http://java.apache.org/faq/>
WHEN YOU POST, include all relevant version numbers, log files,
and configuration files.  Don't make us guess your problem!!!

** Pls, Do NOT continue this thread on this list.

Hi!
We are considering open sourcing the java commerce plattform we have built
and
used for a number of clients.

Without ANY technical comparison with other plattforms or frameworks:
Could this be something users of this list would be interested in?

Our reasons for open sourcing is that we would like see it evolve and
maintained by a community that benefit from using it(or parts of the code).

We are not sure about how other would percieve how we have developed it.
But........it works and is in use. So it's at least useful even if there
might be some abstraction work/recoding
to be done before it can be considered "general".

Since we are a commercial company we will then be able to focus
on supporting our clients with services related to the plattform and
custom modules.

Pls, find overview of eServ below.

** Pls, Do NOT continue this thread on this list.

If interested mail to: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Include:
1. License type suggestion
2. If you would like to participate in development
3. What you like to see on a future eServ community site
4. If you would even consider using it for commerce
5. Features you feel are required at start
6. Other technical questions
7. Suggestions?

Thanks and sorry for the OT(but not so OT as some questions though)

Regards
OLA SAMUELSON
Datalink Nordic AB

eServ
========
eServ, all in Java 2, consist of:
* Runs with Jserv/Apache/Modssl and others that run servlets
* Handles unlimited languages and individual templates per language
* A dynamic scalable servlet commerce plattform. We don't call it   framework
because
    it does not require any special design or presentational framework.
   a) Dynamic global (singleton)JDBC pool and support for any
JDBC(SQL)driver. Puts
       no limitations on SQL server.
   b) Global and dynamic resource pool with locale information, system
settings etc
   c) Global template handling, parsing and variable substitution
   d) Gateway framework for payment provider integration
   e) Client, member, login handling
   f) Shopping cart based on session handling stored on server via
serialization. Edit functions. Dynamic session - hashed value pairs
   g) Visitor interactivity in the form of functionality for voting, tell a
friend  etc
   h) Advanced product search and display
   i)  Advanced free text search and display. Linking with products
   j) Basic API functions to allow for integration
* Administrative graphical tool to parameterize servlets and control database
connections, settings, language versions etc.
* Monitor servlet to trace user activity/sys params/language props etc
* Javascript templates for client side actions
* HTML example templates
* Commerce site event logging

.......and lots more to make it work.