BEFORE YOU POST, search the faq at <http://java.apache.org/faq/>
WHEN YOU POST, include all relevant version numbers, log files,
and configuration files.  Don't make us guess your problem!!!

Hi Pete

What does netstat -a say?  Does it indicate anything listening on 8007
before you run jserv?  and what about after you start jserv?

Thsi might be a silly suggestion, but does 127.0.0.1 point to your
machine, ie is it defined?

Chris