Chris Hostetter wrote:
: Here it is, Grant. This new patch uses Clover to generate code coverage
: reports. Simply add clover.jar to the ant classpath, do a "clean" and
: run the target "test". During compiling Clover will automatically
: instrument all classes under src/java.

haven't had a chance to look at the patch, but i have two questions baout
this:

1) is there any way to explicitly disable the instumentation (ie: with a
system property set in the build.properties, or on the command line) in
case people get into a situation where they are suspicious of hte
instrumentation and what to run the test without it?

Good point, I can easily add a property to switch on/off instrumentation. Currently it's always enabled if clover.jar can be found in the classpath.

2) what is the beahvior of the report generatation after a test failure?
DOes Clover know baout Ant failures?  would the report reflect the fact
that the tests failed in it's summary info?

No, clover has no information about failed tests. It shows the recorded coverage since the last compile/instrumentation and if some tests failed the coverage will probably be lower. We could show information about failed tests in the title of the code coverage report. But I will read a bit more in the clover manual to figure out if there are other possibilities to show those information.

- Michael