On Jan 13, 2007, at 6:43 AM, Nicolas Lalevée wrote:
Are we getting warmer?

I have not finished reading the document, but ASAIU, I think Lucene is still missing a PrefixSpanQuery (not hard at all I think) to implement correctly the main feature presented here. The exemple of the search "ontol sem" should
be a near span query of two prefix span queries. Or maybe a
PrefixPhraseQuery ? I haven't looked enought close to it to know what are the
differences between the two.

We have SpanRegexQuery though:

<http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/api/org/apache/lucene/search/ regex/SpanRegexQuery.html>

It could be used as a span prefix query with the right pattern.

        Erik