Karl Wettin (JIRA) wrote:
[ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-580?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#action_12491557 ]
Karl Wettin commented on LUCENE-580:
------------------------------------

25 apr 2007 kl. 10.23 skrev Michael Busch (JIRA):
What kind of use cases do you have in mind with the cached field?

I made the inital implementation for text mining purposes -- I needed the term
vector prior to inserting the document to the index. Back then I analyzed,
cached it up, did my secondary analysis of the vector, and finally
reconstructed the token stream and passed it to the field. I think it would be
easier to just pass a token stream to an extention of CachedPreAn.. that also
features a termFreqVector(), termPosVector(), et c.

Karl

Thanks for the explanation! I'll try to review the new patch soon. I'm almost on my way to Europe (ApacheCon is coming up...), so I'm not sure how much time I'll have during the next days...

Michael