Michael McCandless wrote:
Hi,

I have a small API change that I've added in my patch for LUCENE-843.
It just changes two add methods in FieldInfos to return the FieldInfo
instance for the added field, instead of void.

One of the methods is private, so that should be fine.  The other one
is public, but, was added after 2.1 and so hasn't been released yet,
so we can still change it before releasing 2.2 without breaking backwards
compatibility.

If there are no objections I will commit this soon.

+1. If we will change the public method anyway in the future than I agree that it makes more sense to do it before 2.2 is out because the method wasn't released so far. Otherwise we'll have an
API change in 2.3.