I agree with Grant and would prefer to see 3.0 to seeing 4.0 (down with
inflation!)

Otis

----- Original Message ----
From: Grant Ingersoll <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: java-dev@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2008 4:05:54 PM
Subject: Re: Going to Java 5. Was: Re: A bit of planning

All it takes is one line in the announcement saying "Version 3.0 uses
Java 1.5"  I don't think the significance will be lost on anyone.
Everyone knows what Java 1.5 is.  I'm -1 on calling it 4.0.  People
will then ask where is 3.0.  I am +1 for sticking w/ the plan we voted
for as described on http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/Java_1%2e5_Migration
  (last edited 10/1/2007)  It's not like we are springing this on
anyone.  In fact, I'd be more than happy to announce it on the user
list to let people know ahead of time.