On 10/28/2009 01:57 PM, Mark Miller wrote:
Hmm ... well perhaps it takes more work if you want them each as a
separate project? I just make it one project.

I check out trunk with subclipse, using new Java project. The I go to
the project properties and add java/test for core as source dirs (after
removing the default one eclipse picks) - then I add the source folders
for the contribs I'm interested in. That all takes about 10 seconds
itself, so I was exaggerating a bit (not counting checkout time).

Thanks Mark and Robert. This works well. And it was quick!

Less than 10 minutes to configure core, demo, contrib and all their tests. The only trick was to run ant on the bdb contribs to get it to download the missing bdb jar files and to find ant.jar on my system to add it to the ant contrib.

To add source dirs, I multi-select them (ctrl-click) and then right click > Build Path > Use As Source Folder.

Then I go the project libs tab and click add library - I select Junit
and click okay (choosing Junit 3).
Why not JUnit 4? It seems to work just fine in a Java 5 environment. All tests ran to completion and passed.

  Another couple seconds. At this
point, I can run tests, f3 through source code, ctrh-alt h for call
hierarchy, generate patches with whatever path level I want, etc. The
full kit and caboodle. I've done this approx 10,000 times. If I want to
work with a contrib with lib dependencies, again in project properties
under libs, I add the jars (usually in the lib folder in that contrib).
Takes a couple seconds.
Another way to add jars is to multi-select them and then right-click > Build Path > Add to Build Path.

I have the full power of Eclipse with this, so I'm not sure what your
looking for with the extra work ...
I'm not looking for anything in particular though it does make the dependencies between contribs obvious.
It was more a pattern from habit on another project.

-- DM