thanks a lot for looking into it.
It's opened: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-2095

Besides this being expected behavior after a commit(), I'm needing
this to be able to assert state consistency on the distributed
Directory under load: any suggestions for a temporary workaround?

I am thinking about a statistical assert, like considering it's fine
if (ratio error < some threshold), but that's my last resort.

Regards,
Sanne