Hi

I always find it annoying when I checkout the code to a new project in
eclipse, that I need to put everything that I care about in the classpath
and adding the dependent libraries. On another project I'm involved with, we
did that process once, adding all the source code to the classpath and the
libraries and created a .classpath.tmpl. Now when people checkout the code,
they can copy the content of that file to their .classpath file and setting
up the project is reducing from a couple of minutes to few seconds.

I don't want to check-in .classpath because not everyone wants all the code
in their classpath.

I attached such file to the mail. Note that the only dependency which will
break on other machines is the ant.jar dependency, which on my Windows is
located under c:\ant. That jar is required to compile contrib/ant from
eclipse. Not sure how to resolve that, except besides removing that line
from the file and document separately that that's what you need to do if you
want to add contrib/ant ...

The file is sorted by name, putting the core stuff at the top - so it's easy
for people to selectively add the interesting packages.

I don't know if an issue is required, if so I can create it in and move the
discussion there.

Shai