tariq...@hotmail.com wrote:
> Dear Sir
>
> We are awaiting of your nice comments regarding "ORACLE has bought Sun
> Microsystems‏" for our satisfaction. Either oracle will make
> improvement into their oracle's tools or Sun's tools?

Unfortunately I am not in a position to make public comments on this
and the reasons are as following:

-All Sun employees are instructed not to make any public comments
  (without consulting internal legal type of people) on this until
  things are finalized.  (It is not that Sun is trying to hide or
  anything but we were told that any public comments by Sun employee
  can delay the progress of the deal. And this kind of restriction
  is considered as a generally well accepted practice in industry.)

-I honestly don't know specifics given that many things are not
  discussed in detail yet.

-Until the deal goes final, Sun and Oracle are operating as
  independent company and business goes as usual. (Yes, that is
  indeed the case within Sun as far as I can tell.)

-Sang

> Regards
>

> Tariq Masood

     **** Sun Tech Day, St. Petersburg, Russia ****