From what was said here previously, Apple won't share their
code with the Blackdown folks, so a JIT is not in the plans.

This is certainly very dissapointing as Java without a JIT
can be as slow as mollases (it seems to depend on what you're doing).

You could try the Java SDK from IBM, but I've read that
people have had mixed results on the Linux PPC platform.

It's too bad that Sun won't help with this.  (?)

I'm not sure if financial support will help with this, but
it would be interesting to hear from Blackdown about this.

Drew