[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I'm trying to run the only 1.4 jdk released for the linux sparc arch.
Unfortunately, the only version available for sparc is the 1.4.1 which
began to broke around the availability of the glibc 2.3.6.

Now, some bug have been filed against this but noone ever responded to
it. The symptom is a sigsegv in the jvm at certain condition.

So for now, this jvm is broken - is there a workaround ? - .

I would like have some 1.4 running (or even 1.5, let's be fun).

I had a look at the sources and I was able to build them on my x86
machine.

The port seems to be possible. I even think that the blackdown java team
has already done it.

Yes and it's mostly working.  But there is still a known bug which I must
fix before releasing it.

        Juergen

--
Juergen Kreileder, Blackdown Java-Linux Team
http://blog.blackdown.de/