When you say <class_name> and <field_name> are you eliding the actual values, or is that the verbatim message?

One of the first things you might examine is the version of java on the different platforms. Look at the output of the command:

java -version

on each of the different platforms. Typically things like NoSuchFieldError are the result of running class files compiled against one version of the Java libraries (or a third party library) against a different version.

-wilhelm