There is a separate user mailing list for poi. Use it.

There are three jar files. Check the scratchpad jar. You have to send in a FileInputStream(not the filename) as an argument to the WordExtractor class.

suba suresh.

mcarcelen wrote:
Hi all!
I´m working with poi-bin-3.0-alpha2-20060616
I´m trying to extract text from a Word document using the class
org.apache.poi.hwpf.extractor.WordExtractor but I get the following bugs
"Exception in thread main java.lang.NoSuchMethodError"
I have also tried with the parameter -doc and the name of the word document
but without success
I´ve execute the classes QuickTest.class and HWPFDocument.class, also with
bugs
Can anyone help me?
Thanks all
Cheers Teresa