(Seems 1.9 javadoc could be just a bit more clear on this.)
The following should do the work:
   QueryParser qp = new MultiFieldQueryParser(fields[], analyzer);
   Query = qp.parse(qtext);
Notice the difference in semantics as explained in the "deprecated" comment
in 1.9.
Also see the setDefaultOperator() in the (2.0) constructor.

Regards,
Doron