If the 'small classifieds index' is sufficiently small to be re-indexed
every night, I think this would be a simple solution - just set the
document boosts according to these statistics - i.e. boost more down docs
of classifieds that were shown more yesterday -
http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/api/org/apache/lucene/document/Document.html#setBoost(float)

- Doron