And don't forget that you need to close and re-open the reader to pick up
the changes.......

[EMAIL PROTECTED] <G>.

On 1/10/07, Benson Margulies <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

#2 is a possible issue. I stared at the code some more:

The test case adds up to :

Create all the objects.

Add three docs.
Add a fourth doc.

Do a query aimed at the fourth doc.

isCurrent() returns false.

Close reader/searcher, open reader/searcher, numDocs() in the reader
returns 3. Not 4.

However, reading your message carefully, I realize that I'm probably
fundamentally misguided. There's no flush() API on a writer, so, of
course, the only possible way for a reader to see current contents is if
the writer gets closed and reopened. I keep trying to cook up some
scheme in which this is not true, but, with the stock classes, it now
seems self-evident to me that it has to be true.

I'll put in the requisite code, and slink away.