I want to index the document content( such as PDF/word/excel) and am just
wondering if there are any good readers that I can use to integrate into
Lucene 4.0. Any pointers/example code is appreciated..

Lucene In Action book mentions "tika" as the library to use but not sure if
this is the preferred approach. Anyone who used this, if they could share
some experiences in using this library is greatly appreciated.

AN example of how a pdf document can be indexed using either the tika
framework or any other reader is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Sai.