Say, suppose I send a Message X. The contents of the message X is stored. Now, for each incoming message I will compare the contents with the message X. If the content is equal I will increment the counter and when it reaches say 100, I will not allow more processing of messages.

For each message, I will compare it with X. If the content is different, then it would be stored as Y. Hence the next incoming message will be compared with both X and Y and accordingly the counters will be incremented.

Now, I think to parse each message say about 500 bytes containing all the possible characters I might have to use Lucene. Please guide if it will be helpful. Because the entire comparison mechanism is expected to be completed in milliseconds.