I can easily split on periods. The standard analyzer is splitting on spaces and I can implement a custom analyzer that will split on periods.

However this string will be present say suppose 3-4 times in a huge file. Now if I proceed to search other terms in this file then I may not get the proper result as the split was done on the periods but not on the spaces.

This might impact the search result. Please guide.

Whereas using Solr is concerned, I think I am awaiting luke release for 4.3.0 to analyze the lucene indexes. Using solr just for analyzing might not be worth the effort of installing it , configuring it and then running it.