Hello,
        I am using StandardAnalyzer for indexing all the documents.

While Searching say for Boolean/Wildcard/Prefix query, I am using *QueryParser* for the user supplied input.

But when I supply / as an input along with some characters like:

<param name="name" value="WSTFGH1028"/>\

I get a lexcial error due to presence of special characters in the code.

When I supply the same phrase in PhraseQuery, I get the required hit.. Understood that PhraseQuery and QueryParser handles query differently.

How can I achieve this. Accepting special characters also in user supplied inputs. I cannot make any changes in the indexing process . Also inputs like this will be very common from the user end..

Kindly guide.

TIA.

--
TIA
Regards

Ankit Murarka

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared with what
lies within us"