I made a mistake in issue 5. The real case is the PostingEnum has many
implementations, not the DocIdSetIterator. Please read the question 5 as
follows.

5. Should I use a concrete implementation of PostingEnum? When it makes
sense? Or I always should get PostingsEnum as a result of a call
TermEnum.postings(...)?

I forgot one interesting question.

6. PostingEnum has the field AttributeSource atts attribute source. It
looks like a connection point with query Analyzer here. Is it true? If yes
it could be very useful for me and what is appropriate usage scheme of this
attribute? Let's assume that I need to keep some coefficients along with
tokens to use them further in scoring. For example, if the matched token is
a synonym - I could multiple the query score to 0.75.

Regards,
Vadim Gindin