Hello,
 I'm porting an application from lucene 4 to lucene 7.

I've converted a field from IntField to IntPoint and at query or indexing
time everything is ok.

When I call the method:

reader.getSumTotalTermFreq(field);

it returns zero for my IntPoint field. I understand that IntPoint is stored
in specific data structure (the block k-d tree), but how could I obtain the
same result as in the previous version?

Which is the best way to count the "number of terms" also for IntPoint?

Can I also find the equivalent of "top terms", i.e. the list of more
frequent values for a given field with their count?

It would be the same if I will use the NumericDocValuesField?

Thanks,
 Riccardo