Hello Alessandro,

I was looking for something more light weight, or extend SpanOrQuery to support
this case. The rewrite is part of our custom parser extending
ExtendedDismaxQParser where we add support for payloads by rewriting everything
to a payload equivalent.

This is almost the case with SpanOrQuery, i think, but i need to know how i can
let it score just once. Where do i need to put this logic? Reading SynonymQuery
code doesn't make it obvious to me right away. Do i need to look into Scorer
logic, or Weight logic? What building blocks do i need, what parts of
SynonymQuery could i borrow, and what not?

Or, if there is a better way, should i instead try to add payload support to an
extended SynonymQuery, would that be easier? And how should i do that?

What would be the best to tackle this issue?

Many thanks,
Markus