bq. It seems store field is not perform well.

Stored fields perform exactly as intended. Consider the situation
where very large text fields are stored. Making those into something
like docValues would be a very poor tradeoff, even if it were
possible. Not to mention highlighting etc. There are circumstances
where fetching from docValues actually has poorer overall performance
than using stored=true.

That said, the ability to use docValues fields in place of stored
(subject to certain restrictions that you should take the time to
understand) does indeed blur the distinction.

It's really a matter of choosing the use-case that supports the
use-case you require, there's no one-size-fits-all way to go about it.

Encoding/decoding in your own binary format? Will you be able to use
those values for things like faceting, grouping and sorting (which is
what docValues were designed to enhabnce)?