Use MMapDirectory on a temporary location, Matthias. If you really
need in-memory indexes, a new Directory implementation is coming
(RAMDirectory will be deprecated, then removed), but the difference
compared to MMapDirectory is typically not worth the hassle. See this
issue for more discussion.

Dawid