I wonder what happens if you ensure that none of your synonyms contains a
character that WDGF cares about. Then they would operate on a disjoint set
of tokens, and maybe they would (or could be made to) play nicely together?
Even if they hate each other (maybe they detect token graphs and fail even
though they could safely ignore), you could maybe write something using
ConditionalTokenFilter that passes each token to either one or the other,
thereby keeping them separate