Task manager is almost useless for this kind of measurement. You never quite
know how much garbage that hasn’t been collected is in that total.

You can attach something like jconsole to the running Solr process and hit the
“perform full GC” to get a more accurate number.

Or you can look at GCViewer opened on the GC logs to get something more useful.

Best,
Erick