Hey,

Our team at Amazon Product Search recently ran our internal benchmarks with
JDK 17.
We saw a ~5% increase in throughput and are in the process of
experimenting/enabling it in production.
We also plan to test the new Corretto Generational Shenandoah GC.

On a side note, the Lucene codebase still uses the deprecated (as of
JDK17) AccessController
in the RamUsageEstimator class.
We suppressed the warning for now (based on recommendations
<http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/db-derby-dev/202106.mbox/%3cjira.13369440.1617476525000.615331.1623951480...@atlassian.jira%3E>
from the Apache Derby mailing list).

-
Gautam Worah.