hi,

I've managed to get FSEM work on my Fedora Core 4 properly: true FSEM, no
tearing artifacts with correct synchronization to monitor refresh rate. The
behavior on Linux is consistent with the behavior on Windows XP and Mac OS X.

For programming I followed this tutorial:
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/extra/fullscreen/index.html

But the same programs fail to work consistently on FC5, using new xorg.X11
version 7.0, on very similar hardware.

Here is my working setup: Fedora Core 4 with xorg.X11 version 6.8; nVidia
geforce 6800 running with the latest proprietary linux driver from nVidia; Java
1.6.0 beta release. (use nvidia-settings application to  make sure that under
OpenGL Settings, Sync to VBlank and Allow FLipping options are enabled). Also
use the openGL pipeline: java -Dsun.java2d.opengl=True ....
[Message sent by forum member 'boyaci' (boyaci)]