Gerard Peregrin wrote:
> In a message dated 2/22/02 10:38:46 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> <<        Proto's cannot emulate sensors currently >>
>
> Does this make a reference to external sensor data.  If so, what does the
> data represent?

Sensors of all kinds. X3D Sensors are not the same as Java3D sensors, so
hopefully we are not getting you confused there. In X3D/VRML a sensor is
a way of converting mouse input into a scenegraph modification tool. For
example, a TouchSensor sends out notices of when a mouse is clicked on
an object. A CylinderDragSensor would convert a mouse drag event into a
set of coordinates that travel around in a circular shape (think of a
stereo volume knob where you drag the mouse sideways, but the knob
turns). These X3D sensors are what we can't handle in the protos
currently (Although I have a gut feel that touchsensors do work, none of
the others do, and we haven't actually tested a TS that way).

--
Justin Couch                         http://www.vlc.com.au/~justin/
Java Architect & Bit Twiddler              http://www.yumetech.com/