This should be also be usefull for me.

By the way I really don't understand John wright's "dislike" of
"java web start" API. Honestly over the last year and a half I have seen
so many people, on this java3D mailing list, giving url links to their demo of
their 3D project with java3D ... BUT
that never -really almost NEVER- run straight ["you need to install this... oh
no... that... no I mean versionx.y.z ... but with ie u.v_003"].
I mean, we should look the facts: it is complicated to make it work.
Any java Applet/application ... and even much more java3D stuffs.

Perhaps JWS has limitation, but from my point of vue SIMPLICITY is what java
Applet/application over Internet MISSED before JAWS.
Moreover, those limitation John pointed, and that I also caught (mainly poor
display at startup from my point of view)...
well I think Sun people are working on those limits (I saw a mail about it)and
the next release should be THE ONE.

Thierry, Paris

HEre is the main url for JWS:
http://java.sun.com/products/javawebstart/