> The only taglet that along with its own tag needs to know the immediately
> enclosing tag is `InheritDocTaglet`:
>
>     @return {@inheritDoc}
>     @throws NullPointerException {@inheritDoc}
>     @param p {@inheritDoc}
>
> However, the immediately enclosing tag is unconditionally passed to all
> taglets. If we stop passing it and make `InheritDocTaglet` compute it
> instead, the code becomes cleaner.
>
> While reviewing, particularly note these benefits of the proposed change:
>
>  * taglet-handling code knows less about `@inheritDoc`, and
>  * `InheritDocTaglet` receives its own tag, not the tag that encloses it

Pavel Rappo has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
commit since the last revision:

  Update
src/jdk.javadoc/share/classes/jdk/javadoc/internal/doclets/toolkit/taglets/InheritDocTaglet.java

  Co-authored-by: ExE Boss <3889017+exe-b...@users.noreply.github.com>

Changes:
  - new: https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk/pull/8361/files/4c6c196b..8bf226f7

Webrevs: