The problem I feel is that an Exception should denote an EXCEPTIONAL
occurrence, and be able to list all things that can happen is just plain
impossible.
So switching to a fully checked exceptions would mean that every method
signature should mandatory include stuff like:

public void foo(Bar bar) throws TheSkyIsFallingException,
HellFrozeOverException, ShitInShitOutException

etc.

While you could say that all these exceptions are EntropyExceptions you
could say:

public void foo(Bar bar) throws EntropyException

But why stop at that?

You might as well generalize it into

public void foo(Bar bar) throws Exception

And if you know that every method can throw an exception, you might as well
say that

public void foo(Bar bar) implicit throws Exception

And, then you basically have RuntimeException

--
Viktor Klang

Rogue Scala-head

Blog: klangism.blogspot.com