On 19 Aug., 04:06, James Iry <james...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I really hate phrasing something like this as being a "figment."  That's
> like saying that "short" and "char" are figments of the JVM's imagination
> because it's all just bits.

Yeah well, it depends how you look at it I suppose. I would also claim
generics to be a figment of the JVM's imagination, since you can not
implement Comparable<Integer> and Comparable<BigInteger> due to it
being an emulated construct at the parser level. Other languages with
real generics have no problem with that, in Java all of a sudden you
are going to need anonymous inner classes as dispatch adapters.

/Casper